Thursday, November 08, 2007

"Espresso, Creamer & Spoon"

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Oil on 1/4" Board. 18" x 24"

For purchase info, please email michael@mnaples.com

I'll start with an apology for the bad photo. This is the largest painting to date so I am unfamiliar in photographing such large pieces. I guess I better get good at it soon because I have a number of pieces this size coming up. If anyone out there has photo advise I would love to hear it.

I love how the top of the composition is stiff and mechanical looking while being complimented by the draping of the fabric below it.

5 comments:

Justin Clayton said...

I've really enjoyed these last three pieces Michael... they really show how strong your observational skills are... Very nice. The reflections are fantastic!

Justin

Connie Kleinjans said...

Oh my gosh, I love these two pictures. I know they're of the same piece, but both work by themselves. The bottom one (with less tablecloth) looks like two butlers, and the top one makes them look like bit players in a larger show. (And how did you get that glow in the tablecloth? It almost hurts the eyes?) Nice stuff.

Jo Castillo said...

This is beautiful.

I take my photos of pastel paintings outside in the direct sun. The photo doesn't need nearly as much correction with a photo program that way. I think it would work well with oils if they are a little dry to avoid the reflections.

Zoom in a hair to avoid the ballooning and use a tripod or solid box/table to sit the camera on.

Jo

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say how very much I enjoy looking at your paintings. I always check back to see what you've posted. Very inspiring, very beautiful. Love your work.

Anonymous said...

What is there to apologize for that perspective looks great.