Monday, May 07, 2007

"Pinot" (progress)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Oil on 1/4" Board, 13.25"x13.25" Commission-NFS

I usually don't post progress shots because I finish my paintings in one sitting. This one, however, is too big for me to finish in one day. It's 13.25" square and I built this oak "frame" so it's ready to hang. I haven't even blocked the whole board in yet and my day is almost up. I still have some charcoal lines showing. There is a long way to go and I hope to finish it tomorrow night.

2 comments:

Jo Castillo said...

Michael, Thanks for posting your WIP. It is always interesting to see how different artists work. Looks like it is coming along very nicely.

Anonymous said...

I love progress shots.

It makes art feel...

real.

with all the digital art out there, somehow the nitty gritty 'nasty bits' of the process seems refreshing...

like eating earthy peasant food after months of FauxFood or FastFood...



Spread Love...
... but wear the Glove!

BlueBerry Pick'n
can be found @
ThisCanadian DOT com
"Silent Freedom is Freedom Silenced"